Note: A top-level domain (TLD), sometimes referred to as a top-level domain name (TLDN), is the last part of an Internet domain name; that is, the letters which follow the final dot of any domain name. For example, in the domain name www.example.com, the top-level domain is com (or COM, as domain names are not case-sensitive).
- Open Netscape Mail 7.x.
- Click 'Edit,' and select 'Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings...'
- Click 'Add Account...,' and click 'OK.'
- Choose 'Email account,' and click 'Next.'
- Enter your name in the 'Your Name:' field.
- Enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the 'Email Address:' field, and click 'Next.'
- Select 'POP' and enter 'pop.telepacific.net' in the 'Incoming Server:' field.
- Enter 'smtp.telepacific.net' in the 'Outgoing Server:' field.
- Click 'Next.'
- Enter your username (including '@yourdomain.tld') in the 'Incoming User Name:' field and the 'Outgoing User Name:' field, and click 'Next.'
- Enter a name for your Netscape Mail account in the 'Account Name field,' and click 'Next.'
- Click 'Next,' and then click 'Finish.' (Don't worry if you get an error message indicating that you cannot connect to pop.telepacific.net. Just click 'OK,' and continue with the steps below.)
- Open the 'Edit' menu, and select 'Mail and Newsgroups Account Settings.'
- The 'Port' should read 110.
- Enter '25' in the 'Port:' field.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve messages.